There is a common saying in fitness, “never miss a Monday.” Well I agree, so from now on my goal is to never miss a Monday blog post!
Last weekend I went to Vegas for a little vacation with some friends and I quickly realized that how easy it is to slip up on your nutrition when you are out of town.
Does this sound familiar: you eat one big breakfast, snack through out the day, and then a huge dinner? We usually don’t have a problem eating enough calories on vacation, but we don’t always eat the right calories. We often eat lot of carbs and especially fats, however we forget about protein.
Protein is the most important macronutrient and maintaining your protein intake is critical. Protein is what helps build and maintain muscle, so keeping up with our protein intake will allow us to maintain our success while on vacation. Ultimately this will put us in a better position when we get back home and resume our routine.
So what can you do to fix this problem?
Here are 5 easy tips to make sure we are eating enough protein while on vacation or even when life just gets busy.
- Jerky: Beef, turkey, or salmon, jerky is a tasty, easy, and accessible snack.
- Protein shakes: They sell Muscle Milk at most liquor stores or gas stations. It’s fast, cheap, and you can sip it poolside or while on the beach.
- Tuna: Packaged or canned tuna is a simple way to get a good source of protein. It can be packed with you and takes no preparation.
- Buying extras: Sometimes when I go out to eat I will buy an extra meal for later. A lot of places have hamburgers or chicken burgers that aren’t overly expensive. Get something that you will enjoy eating cold in case you don’t have access to a microwave.
- Packaged meats: Most vacation destinations will have a grocery store nearby, grab a package of lunch meat and go hit the slots!
Whether we are in a pinch or on vacation we can’t neglect protein. Protein is going to help maintain that muscle and strength.
Use these five easy ways to keep your protein intake up and ENJOY your summer vacation!
I hope this helps and you enjoyed this post. If you liked it or have any questions please feel free to post below or email me at email@example.com.