We all fall into ruts. Lack of motivation, lackadaisical, tired and feeling beat happens to everyone.
I know everybody goes through days where they don’t want to go to the gym. Finding motivation to go to the gym especially when going by yourself, can be tough. You tell yourself you will start your week tomorrow, then that passes and you say I will start fresh on Monday.
Then there are those times when you get to the gym where you just half ass everything. You feel lost and have lack of direction.
Today, I have five ways to help you have more fun and be more productive at the gym:
- Write down goals. No one has ever wanted to fail. Giving yourself a goal gives you something to work towards. Working towards a goal is a great way to push yourself and keep yourself motivated.
- Follow a specific program. Having a specific program to follow gives you a direction. When you have a program it takes out the guessing game, and you know exactly what your going to do every time you step in the gym.
- Get training partners. Having training partners keeps you accountable. If you don’t show up your not only letting yourself down but also your training partner(s). Training partners can also help push you during a set, make sure you don’t quit and keep you focused.
- Do group training with a coach. Having a coach to train you and friend is a great way to have success. A coach will give you direction, and your friend is great way to push you. A little competition will help you with continued progress and make things more fun. Also, an added bonus of group training can be a more affordable option.
- Hire a Trainer. Hiring a trainer will help give you a direction. A trainer will be there to push you when you need extra motivation, give you direction and make sure you use proper form. If your struggling to consistently make it to the gym or lacking motivation give one of these options a try.
If you have any questions, please let me know how I can help.
Thanks for reading and please leave a comment below.